- Good Friday Reflection
- Mass of celebration poster
- Lent Reflections
- Service of adoration
- Eucharistic Adoration Poster
Year of Faith
Season Vatican II document Catechism part From opening Gaudium et Spes, n.1-11
The Church in the Modern World
Advent and Christmas Dei Verbum
On Divine Revelation
Profession of Faith
(from the start fo the YoF)
Lent Sacrosanctum Concilium
On the Sacred Liturgy of the Church
Prayer Easter Lumen Gentium
On The Church
The Celebration of the Christian Mystery After Pentecost Gaudium et Spes Life in Christ
Archbishop Bernard asks that after the Creed at Mass the following three three lines are profess by all:
This is our faith.
This is the faith of the Church.
We are proud to profess it in Christ Jesus, our Lord. Amen.
And that all pupils from Y3-Y13 are led in professing the Apostles Creed and these three lines daily at school.
Resources for Schools
Parish/ School Pack
A Parish Pack will contain the following (please click to download a pdf)
Consider a Year of Faith Pilgrimage
Year of Faith Evangelisation Workshops
- Please click here to download Year of Faith Evangelisation Workshops 2013
- Please click here to download a poster for North Staffordshire Deanery
- Please click here to download a poster for Kidderminster Deanery
There are two handouts on the Year of Faith Workshops – One covering the background to Evangelisation in the Year of Faith and one on ways of reaching out to those outside the Church. These can be downloaded by clicking on:
- Year of Faith Evangelisation Workshop Handout
- Year of Faith Evangelisation Workshop Reaching Out Handout
Year of Faith Diocesan Days
- This talk was given by Canon David Evans to Catechists in Littlemore and Leamington Spa on 17th and 18th October 2012. These ideas were developed more fully in what he said on those occasions.
- Please click here to download notes from Fr Paul Moss (Diocesan Vocations Director), Keynote speaker at Diocesan Day at St Chad’s Cathedral, 20 October
- Powerpoint slides from the keynote talk given by Mgr Paul Watson at Immaculate Conception in Bicester for the people of the Oxfordshire deaneries
Year of Faith reflections on the Sunday Readings
- Please click here to download a pdf of The Year of Faith and the Sunday Scriptures by Canon Mervyn Tower
- ADVENT and Dei Verbum
Year of Faith Logo
Made for Greatness
- Gaudium et Spes:
- On Gaudium et Spes:
- Vatican Year of Faith website:
- Catholic Bishops of England and Wales Year of Faith website:
- Birmingham Archdiocese Year of faith website:
- Youth Year of Faith website:
- Maryvale Year of Faith website:
- Gaudium et Spes:
Year of Faith Posts
Pope Benedict XVI announced a special “Year of Faith” to help Catholics appreciate the gift of faith, deepen their relationship with God and strengthen their commitment to sharing faith with others.
Celebrating Mass Oct. 16 with participants in a Vatican conference on new evangelization, the Pope said the Year of Faith would give “renewed energy to the mission of the whole church to lead men and women out of the desert they often are in and toward the place of life: friendship with Christ who gives us fullness of life.”
The pope said the observance would begin Oct. 11, 2012 — the 50th anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council — and conclude Nov. 24, 2013 — the feast of Christ the King.
“It will be a moment of grace and commitment to an ever fuller conversion to God, to reinforce our faith in him and to proclaim him with joy to the people of our time,” the pope said in his homily.
Pope Benedict explained his intention more fully in “Porta Fidei” (“The Door of Faith”), an apostolic letter released Oct. 17 to formally announce the special year.